At Sage Counselling we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our website.
You are free to visit our website without obligation to contact us, or use our service.
Website plugins hosted by WordPress are GDPR compliant
The plugins we use on our site are;
- ToTop which enable easy scrolling on the site.
- Yoast SEO enables the site administrator to write website pages in a user-friendly manner for Search Engine Optimisation.
- Jetpack is another self-hosting plugin that enables creation and customisation of pages on the website.
What are cookies and how they are used
Cookies are used to distinguish you from other users of our site. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of our site and improve your browsing experience.
- Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our site.
If you don’t want to allow cookies, you can remove them from your computer and change your browser settings so that it either blocks cookies altogether or selected cookies. Some of our cookies are essential for our site to work properly.
Sage Counselling offers you the option to accept cookies by pressing “accept” button at the bottom of the page. If you continue browsing the our website without “accepting”, it will be assumed that you accept cookies, so please read instruction below to disable them in your browser.
Google Analytics and Cookies
- There is a cookie in Google Analytics that is used to capture the IP address of your computer which enables Google to supply us with visitor habits. These habits involve information about age, gender, interests, country and time spent on each page. We at Sage Counselling do not store IP addresses or this information. It is held on the Google servers for 26 months before being deleted.
- This information is used to inform us if our site is accessible to those who need our service.
Some of our cookies are essential for our site to work properly.
We cannot be responsible for the GDPR compliance of any links offered in this policy or website links we feature on our web page that give alternative counselling services.
The internet industry body, the Internet Advertising Bureau, has set up a website to provide information and advice on cookies: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/. Another source which gives information about how to delete and control cookies is http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
You can find out more about Google Analytics here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage